Monday 14 March 2011

In the beginning...

It all started with a simple thought.  “I can make that.”  I never imagined that my trivial dilemma (although it seemed so important at the time,) of not being able to find a crib skirt long enough for my tastes, would turn into such a wonderful learning experience and hobby.  I’m not an expert seamstress by any means, but I am learning how to sew.  I’d love to share my messes and successes with you through this blog, and maybe you’ll join me with some of my projects.  Surely if this novice sewer can do it, you can too.   

By the way, my name is Kim.  I have an 11 month old baby girl, who I will call Baby K on this blog.   I made this blog because I absolutely love sewing blogs.  I figured I'd give making my own a whirl.  I can't promise it will be great, but I certainly will try.  I think a tutorial is in order for the near future.  I need a new sewing machine cover.  Badly.  Baby K ripped my junky plastic one all to shreds.  I was searching for a tutorial that I liked for a sewing machine cover that had a handle slot.  Most of them didn't have one, and the one I did find I was not a big fan of, so I have a little thought in my head.  Do you need a new sewing machine cover?  If you do, maybe you will consider making one with me.  

Now I will leave you with a look at where it all began.

Curtains and crib skirt for baby K.
My first sewing project, just over a year ago.


I hope you'll join me soon for some fun making a new cover for your sewing machine!

TTFN!
~Kim~


1 comment:

  1. Fellow Crafty Sewing Mama here, and I just wanted to say that the blog looks great!! I've been thinking of doing one too. Still haven't decided what with how busy I am already, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete