Wednesday 16 March 2011

Pretty little summer top


I'm so happy with how this came out!  I started this lovely little top last Saturday.  Things were going so great.  Then, something terrible happened... I ran out of pink thread!  I had to wait all the way until Tuesday before I could buy more.  So on Tuesday, after Baby K woke up from her nap, I went into town to pick up my thread.  I was very excited to finish my top, but since it was such a beautiful day (+2 degrees Celcius,) We just had to go out for a walk.

Excuse the squinty eyes, it was so sunny!


Of course after we went for a walk I was busy making supper.  We had taco salad and it was delicious!  Then, after supper, I finished up the top.  It was so quick and easy.  Please excuse the poor picture quality!





I made it based on my own version of From An Igloo's "In the Garden" Shirred Twirly Dress.  I must say, I just love that dress!  I love it so much that I also made a version of it for Baby K's birthday, which is quickly approaching!  Her first birthday is on Easter, April 24.  You will all get to see the lovely ensemble that I have made up for her then.

And no, I haven't forgot about the sewing machine cover tutorial.  It is in the works, and is going well despite a small hiccup.  Don't forget to check it out!

~Kim~

No comments:

Post a Comment